It has been raining A LOT where I live. I have been noticing a lot of wiggly earthworms cruising the mud! I know that these guys are GREAT-they help our gardens grow by making our dirt full of good stuff. I'd like to give them a high five but I am not quite sure that's possible, so how about I pledge to help any stranded on the cement sidewalk to the safety of the dirt? I can also celebrate their existence in my house by making this sweet recipe!
Earthworms to Eat
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup instant non-fat dry milk
- *sesame seeds or mini chocolate chips (or anything small, round-ish, and edible!)
- chocolate cookie crumbs (optional)
Mix peanut butter, honey, and milk together with a mixer until dough is formed. Pinch off small pieces of dough, and carefully roll it into worm shapes. Place two sesame seeds on front of worm for eyes. 4. Serve on a plate of chocolate cookie crumbs so the worms have some “dirt” to wiggle around on if you like!
* I was reminded by a young kook that earthworms do NOT have eyes, so if you are going for a realistic earthworm, omit the eyes. But the eyes sure make the earthworms looks cute so I kept them in the recipe!